Buying At Auction
Buying at auction is a fun and fast paced experience, whether you are buying antiques, real estate or maybe furniture. Below are some things to know when buying.
When entering our location it will be easy to find the Cashier office (Look for the sign)
- Have your driver’s license ready for the cashier as it will be easier to check you in and get you a number.
- Once checked in you will receive a number written on a bid card , some customers may request a special number and that is fine unless it is already taken by someone else.
- You may bid with this card when the auctioneer hammers sold you must be able to show your number to the auctioneer so that we can record the sale of this item to your number.
- When you are ready to check out take your bid card or number to the cashier office and they will run a Talley of all the items that you purchased that evening and give you a total due.
- We accept Cash and Good Pennsylvania checks with no extra charges. We accept Visa, MasterCard with a 3% added fee for the use of the card. Out of state checks must be approved previous to the auction.
- We have an ATM or Cash Machine on site for your use.
Note: We will prosecute any bad checks to the fullest extent of the law, if you do not wish to have a lien on you please do not pass a bad check.
- You will be required to check in and get a bidder number when you arrive, ID will be required.
- Your bidder number is yours, take care of it ,and if you lose it for some reason we will work to replace or re-issue another.
- Please be distinct in your bidding, let the auctioneer know you wish to bid on an item by getting his or an assistants attention.
- When you have won an item the auctioneer will gavel it sold and it becomes yours. please present your bidder number and be prepared to pay for you item before you leave.
- We will take absentee bids and a bidding assistant will bid in your absence (additional fee may apply).
- On-line / Phone bidding may be available for select auctions, you will be required to pre-register.
- Please pay for your item/items before you leave the premises the day of the auction.
- We take consignments at our auction house M-Friday 8:00am—5:00pm Saturdays by chance.
- We will come to you and assess your merchandise or home and work with you there to consign.
- We will also assess and value your items at one of our Monthly Appraisal days—See schedule.
- Our rates are from 8%-35% depending on the lot size, value of items etc.
- You will be paid anywhere from immediately at end of auction to 7 days depending on the item/items sold.